[haiku-doc] Re: i18n mailing lists now available

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 13:51:22 -0700

On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 20:22 +0000, Humdinger wrote:
> I already created it. :)
> Since everyone working on translations must have a good grasp on the
> English language, I don't think it's necessary.

Fair enough.

> Also, there haven't
> been Japanese volunteers yet. Maybe you could mail your contacts at
> JPBE.net and point them to this and the i18n lists?

I will, but before that, I think we need at least a simple workflow that
people who want to get involved can follow to get them to the point
where are productive using the online tool. Even a simple step by step
list should help. Something like:

1) Sign up to your language mailing list; see here for list of
languages. If your language is not available, you can request it sending
a message to...
2) Read the general guidelines and your language specific guidelines.
3) Create an account on our web localization tool.
4) Start translating using the online tool.

...and so on. I would write this, but I am not really sure what's
involved.

BTW, I added the new mailing lists here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/community/ml/#localization

Regards,

Jorge/aka Koki