[haiku-doc] Re: [haiku-doc] Re: Use of multiple languages on this list (was: [German] User Guide - Übersetzungs Richtlinien)

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:50:41 -0400

On Oct 13, 2009, at 11:15 AM, "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-- Jorge G. Mare, on Mon, 12 Oct 2009 15:50:40 -0700:
Since whoever creates a localization list needs to know that language
(has to enter a description, and also act as admin/moderator), I
suppose
they can be created as the teams for each language are formed
(perhaps
by the language manager?).

OK. I thought all [haiku-*] mailing lists at freelists might be
controlled by a central Haiku Project account. If anyone's free to
create one, that's OK, too. I suggest the language managers create one
named "haiku-transl-{de/fr/it/es/...}" or would "haiku-locale-{de/fr/ it
/es/...}" be better?

Some months ago I was trying to get a permanent address as a backup admin on some of haiku-* lists because there was at least one list that was created by an individual account. when they left, they removed themselves, and admin access was lost. Basically as long as each list has two active people with admin access, it should be good.

--mmadia