[haiku-doc] Re: [VOTE] Re: User Guide translations requiring teams

  • From: Remi Grumeau <remi.grumeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:12:18 +0200

Le 13 mai 2010 à 10:24, Humdinger a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> In my original post I wanted to adjust the topic to include "VOTE". I
> do that now...
>
> -- Miguel Zuniga, on Wed, 12 May 2010 21:13:08 +0400:
>> As i said, this mail is only to share my opinion. Please, i beg you
>> to consider it, not to
>> answer it. We have so many mails on the [haiku], [haiku-dev] and
>> related with messages not
>> constructive anymore. I had to say it, now i've said it.
>
> Thanks for sharing your opinions. I won't answer your points directly,
> partly to respect your wish and mostly because I don't want to restart
> discussion of the "Pt incidence". This is after all a thread on a
> general rule that shouldn't concern itself with singular cases.
>
>> The only thing i could vote on (if i deserve that) is:
>>
>> "Let's support all the effort we can, encouraging new translators to
>> find more people,
>> announcing and trying to invite more people on the different Web
>> pages and waiting many days so
>> we can let more people to know."
>>
>> +1
>
> That people starting a new transation need time to assemble a team is a
> given. Do I interpret you correctly, that you'd agree to the statement:
>
> "Let's keep building teams of at least two people a requirement for new
> translations of the Haiku user guide."
>

> -- Jorge G. Mare, on Wed, 12 May 2010 19:36:19 -0700:
>> I am with Miguel.
>
> I don't think you are...
>
>> +1 for encouraging team work, but at the same time
>> being flexible enough to allow single persons to start a translation
>> effort on their own at the beginning, particularly if they have a
>> record
>> of having contributed to the localization of apps through HTA.
>
> It'd be much easier if people wouldn't rephrase what is supposed to be
> voted on. I won't try to interpret the sentence you gave your "+1".
>
> So: "Let's keep building teams of at least two people a requirement for
> new
> translations of the Haiku user guide." +1 or -1?

-1 here.
I'm agree with Miguel statement

While making all french localization for Zeta alone (from RC2 to r1.2).
If i had wait for another french dude to split the job, it still wouldn't have
been done…

Lately, i translate a lot for twitter.com (translator level 7) and their tool
was pretty nice! (Haikuzone is not that far from here btw)
I really don't see why one pretty motivated ressource can't start to localize
using HaikuZone… from my experience running beosfrance.com for 5 years now, i
can tell you that find a dude that wouldn't stop to give any news 3 weeks after
involving in translation/writing article is pretty hard.

Miguel is motivate and want to help ? Way to go son !
So why not giving him the tools to start working … anyway, if he leaves, a part
of the job will already be done for the next candidate. That wouldn't be true
with 200K community members where a bit of control is needed but for now, to
me, any local or personal initiative should be welcome ! Elsewhere, you will
just encourage forks and aside initiatives.

My 0,02€

R.