[haiku-doc] Re: Updating the user guide on Haiku's SVN

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:47:00 +0100

Hi,

2010/1/11 Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> -- Vincent Duvert, on Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:09:05 +0100:
>> The translate tool now creates a zip archive of the generated
>> documentation.
>> To allow Humdinger to easily sync it with the SVN repository, I wrote
>> this Perl script:
>> http://haiku.pastebin.com/m601d8ddf
>> which automatically updates a local copy of the docs repository.
>
> OK. Great!
> If nobody has any objections, I'll try that tomorrow.
>
>> To use it :
>> > cd /path/to/haiku/trunk
>> > svn mkdir docs/images [only needed the first time the script is
>> > started]
>> > perl /path/to/script.pl docs
>> > svn ci
>
> Maybe you could include this tip under a "--help" parameter in the
> script to have it documented. I guess the script itself should also be
> committed to SVN. But where...?

I've been putting trac modifications and scripts on hg.haiku-os.org.
Perhaps it can live there as well.

> Once the translations in their various states are in SVN, I guess it's
> a matter of jam rules or creating optional packages to include the
> finished ones in images. The website, too, grabs the userguide from
> SVN?

Not yet. I am thinking about writing a script that transforms the
userguide to put a language (and perhaps a version selection) in the
header. I also would like to move the website to
http://userguide.haiku-os.org/