[haiku-doc] Re: USB3.dox minor changes

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 12:43:24 +0100

Hi Tim,

2010/1/15 Tim Howe <timh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi.
>
> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:23:17 +0100
> Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> FYI:
>>
>> These are the issues (though possibly there are more):
>>
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:78: Warning: Member
>> actual_length (variable) of class usb_iso_packet_descriptor is not
>> documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:77: Warning: Member
>> request_length (variable) of class usb_iso_packet_descriptor is not
>> documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:254: Warning: Member
>> disable_port)(usb_device hub, uint8 portIndex) (variable) of class
>> usb_module_info is not documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:241: Warning: Member
>> get_device_parent)(usb_device device, usb_device *parentHub, uint8
>> *portIndex) (variable) of class usb_module_info is not documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:238: Warning: Member
>> get_nth_child)(usb_device hub, uint8 index, usb_device *childDevice)
>> (variable) of class usb_module_info is not documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:236: Warning: Member
>> get_nth_roothub)(uint32 index, usb_device *rootHub) (variable) of
>> class usb_module_info is not documented.
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:252: Warning: Member
>> reset_port)(usb_device hub, uint8 portIndex) (variable) of class
>> usb_module_info is not documented.
>>
>> /srv/www/api/source/headers/os/drivers/USB3.h:83: Warning: Member
>> USB_ISO_ASAP (define) of file USB3.h is not documented.
>>

>> Regards,
>>

>        OK, cool.  I'll look at that.  Right now I am having trouble
> checking out the source tree.  So far I've been letting it check out,
> getting kdl, writing it down and snapping a pic, then starting over
> since I can't get svn to recover after a crash.
>
>        I was also looking at adding a couple of minor things to
> BString that seem to be missing and taking a deep breath and trying to
> get a start on one of the layout classes (since I am figuring out how
> to use them to redo some interfaces with them).

Finishing BString would be good. I am fixing the missing SupportDefs.h defines.

Taking a stab at the layout classes is good too. There is a good tutorial:

http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/laying_it_all_out_part_1

I would ask Ryan whether you may use his work in the Haiku book and
work from that.

>        Is there something else I should concentrate on that would help
> more?

Just do something that you think is fun, the rest will come later.