[haiku-doc] Re: Submitting content for documentation

  • From: Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:31:46 +0100

Niels Reedijk wrote:

I would say, open the svn book, get to know the basics. I'm sure
Stephan or Axel would be fine giving you an SVN account. I think to
this end you have proven yourself and I will vouch for you.

Thanks for the confidence. I'd be willing to be the middleman between contributors and the SVN, if the admins agree. Could you initiate the necessary procedure on the admin list or whatever's needed?

To avoid duplication, I suggest we use the bugtracker. This query would give
a nice list who's working on what:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=reporter&reporter=~&component=^Documentation&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone
--snip

This sounds like something that would work, but rather I would suggest
considering using this mailing list as the main point of
communication. This will work most efficiently in my opinion.
Basically, the agreement should be that you are the main documentation
changes committer.

OK. I still think it would be a good way to keep track of things. But maybe you're right, let's try mailing list only for the time being. At the moment it doesn't look like there are too many people on this list...

The only thing that should be done in order to avoid oversized
attachments is to make good agreements on format and quality.

If attachments on the list lead to problems, people could also mail them to me
directly.
About format and quality, I wrote a little list outlining some basics, we could all work on. I'll post it in another thread.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de