[haiku-doc] Re: Progress

  • From: "Alan Smale" <ajsmale@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 20:44:30 +0100

Hi,

On 05/05/07, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been two weeks, and it's time to make up a balance. A few were
trying to get the environment up, and I'd like to know how all of you
are faring. Where are the problems?

I'm up and running :-)
It would be good to hear how others are doing, was the how-to
comprehensive enough?

Also, I'd like to poll for the
interest of having an IRC meeting as suggested by Bruno. I'm for it
now (as opposed to a week ago), and I hope other people will find it a
valueable addition too. I suggest an hour and a half meeting. The
problem is that my time is fairly constrained because of the lack of
an internet connection at home. I might be able to arrange some
things, but I need to know a time. I propose to do it at the end of
next week on a friday in the evening (CET, so GMT+2) around eight?
Please, propose some other timeslots, then we can select a list and
decide which one suits us all best.

This sounds like a good idea of Bruno's. Having an online meeting is
certainly a good way of us getting through issues with environments,
where to start, etc.

As for time slots, I'm UK based (GMT) so those times are good for me,
but I'll wait to find out where others are from and what slots are
convenient for them before pushing for a definite time slot.

I propose the following agenda (please make any amendments):
1. Getting to know each other (15 minutes). Name, profession,
interests, way to contact.
2. Discuss whether the getting started information is sufficient (10
minutes). Suggestions for improvement.
3. Current list of tasks. Redefine and divide (20 minutes).
4. Discussion on the API guidelines, the good and hte bad. Suggest
topics on mailing list (20 minutes).
5. Get started on the tasks (remaining time, end of official agenda).

This is a good agenda. I would add to that, assisting people getting
their environments up, if such issues exist. I would put that between
items 2 and 3.

Would anyone care to share with me details of a good IRC client
(Windows) and the basics of getting it running or a website that gives
me that info. Plus also the server details etc.

I've not used IRC for about 8 years, so I may be a little rusty - LOL.

Cheers

Alan