[haiku-doc] Getting up to speed...

  • From: Sevik <sevik9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 03:36:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

  I used Cygwin/Windows combination (I'll have a BeOS system up soon though)
with Subversion and Doxygen to do an anonymous checkout and generate the
documentation.

  Please let me know if I am on the right track in terms of understanding
though.

  1. The Doxygen commands are not in the source but are in separate .dox files.
Our job is to build these .dox files by hand for each class.

  2. I can understand how we create the shell of the documentation -- listing
the names of the classes, methods and members, and showing class relationships.
But where are we getting the technical explanations ?

  The purpose of some of the methods are not obvious to me from looking at the
source code. Is there an external source of information (BeBook?) ? Or is one
of the joys of doing the documentation, the opportunity to learn the technical
details of everything ? [Which is fine too since my goal is to develop some
desktop apps for Haiku.]

  Thanks !

  - Rich

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.