[haiku-doc] Re: [German] User Guide - Übersetzungs Richtlinien

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:09:03 -0700 (PDT)

-- Jorge G. Mare, on Sun, 11 Oct 2009 12:41:47 -0700:
> I don't think anybody wants their mailboxes flooded with messages in
> all
> these languages that they don't understand.

The topics are so distinguishable that the mails are easily dismissed/
deleted without even opening them.

> So would it be possible to have discussions in languages other than
> English elsewhere? Perhaps each language can have a mailing list for
> localization/translation purposes?

Separated mailing lists are no solution. For German, for example, I'd
be alone there... It's supposed to offer the possibility to comment for
someone who doesn't have the time or motivation to join the actual
translating, but does have some valid input.

Besides that I don't expect huge traffic on this topic, we could try
this: When some of the other languages post their first draft of their
style guide, comment on it privately. Then after a while, post the next
draft/end version.

Regards,
Humdinger