[haiku-doc] Re: Application for the "position" of the European Portuguese User Guide Language Manager

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 17:53:27 +0200

-- Jorge G. Mare, on Sat, 01 May 2010 07:58:33 -0700:
> On 05/01/2010 02:23 AM, Humdinger wrote:
> > If you want the agreed upon rules changed, open a new thread for
> > discussion and subsequent vote.
>
> That's bureaucratic BS. An acknowledgement of the obvious -- that the
> two man rule is flawed for this type of cases -- and a one-time
> exception to the rule would have been the smart thing to do;

I don't see the special case here. Either the two-men rule makes sense
or not. If you want to change it, discussion and vote is the accepted
approach in a project.

> I am pretty
> sure nobody would have objected, and we would not be having this
> conversation, Marcos would already be translating, and we would be on
> the way to having one more translation.

Don't worry. A few more lines and I'm not having this conversation
anymore.

> I did not see anything rude in Marcos email, just the natural
> frustration of someone who is offering his time and skills where it
> is
> obviously needed and is being given the bureaucratic runaround.

Hey. I just pointed him to the document describing the current process
of adding a new translation. He didn't come back to ask for an
exception to the two-men rule. He just immediately severed his ties to
the project altogether!
I hope you don't misuse this instance as another proof how the "elite"
is allegedly pushing away the community in a few months.

Regards,
Humdinger

Deutsche Haiku News @ http://www.haiku-gazette.de