[haiku-doc] Re: Application for the "position" of the European Portuguese User Guide Language Manager

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 May 2010 00:15:10 -0700

On 04/30/2010 11:27 PM, Humdinger wrote:
-- Marcos Alves, on Sat, 1 May 2010 06:33:20 +0100:
Thanks for the run, it's been fun... not.
<snip>

Releasing a translation that was never read by another native speaker
just doesn't seem right.And considering no two persons are interested
in actively working on a translation, I doubt we'd get much
constructive feedback for improvements.

Alpha is incomplete and buggy by definition, so the translations do not have to be perfect or complete.

The two-person rule may be well intended, but in this particular case it is counterpoductive.

Give Marcos the opportunity to translate and you get some work that can later be expanded and improved (after alpha 2).

Stick to the two-man rule, and and you are turning off a volunteer and end up with no translation at all.

I think the smart choice is pretty obvious.

Jorge / aka Koki