[haiku-doc] [ANNOUNCEMENT] First Bugfix Weekend

  • From: "Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "General Haiku ML" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Documentation Haiku ML" <haiku-doc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:36:04 +0200

As posted on the Haiku-os.org frontpage:

We'd like to invite every developer to our first /Bugfix Weekend/ this
weekend *March 31st to April 1st*. It's an idea recently brought up on
the
developer mailinglist [1] that developers should regularly meet up
virtually
to solve bugs or enhancement tickets from our bugtracker [2] together.

While it's a bit short notice, it fits nicely with the 25th BeGeistert
meeting that is held on that same date in Düsseldorf. That way everyone
can
participate in the two day hackfest even if they can't make it there in
person.
It's a nice opportunity for old and new developers to meet the rest of
the
gang and get more involved with Haiku development. Our Google Summer of
Code
students to be are especially invited to join, of course.

The Bugfix Weekend will be held on the Muscle server
/beshare.TyComSystems.com/, accessed with BeShare [3] (or JavaShare [4]
if
you're not running Haiku). BeShare is a client for chatting and easily
sharing files, which should be nice for quickly sharing some source
files,
pdfs or screenshots etc.
As alternative, there'll be a regular IRC channel /#haiku-
bugfixweekend/ at
/irc.freenode.net/.

[1]
//www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Haiku-Bug-Fix-Weekend-Proposal