[haiku-development] Re: xicon and executable scripts

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 22:40:13 -0700

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 08:59:51PM -0500, Rene Gollent wrote:
> On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM,  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It seems that the flash image is missing some vital stuff.  If I mount
> > it and look, I don't see anything in the 'beos' directory except 'etc'.
>
> /boot/beos no longer is used in Haiku. All that stuff is found in
> /boot/system since the  directory structure was changed somewhere
> around a month or so ago. This also has the consequence that R5's
> makebootable no longer works with it, as the path and loader name are
> no longer the same. Try googling for makebootabletiny.c, it can handle
> that for you.

Aha...!  [Well, I did ask if I'd missed out a step... (:-)]

I a) hadn't realized that this had been changed, and b) didn't know
that I was so far behind the curve...

I didn't have to find or compile a new makebootable.  I just used the
one that *had* been installed from the flash drive.  I now boot and get the
expected rev number.

Many thanks,
                        -- Pete --