[haiku-development] Re: weird segfault in malloc internals when trying to call fdopen()

  • From: Alexander Botero-Lowry <alex.boterolowry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:42:25 -0700

> a call to a wrapper around open() followed by fdopen() on the fd to get a FIL
> stream. This works for about 6 of the charset files, and then after that the
> call
> to fdopen renders a very scary traceback deep in the bowels of malloc.

I did some more poking around by commenting out various bits of elisp code.
If i comment out the define-charset call that causes this traceback, i get
one define-charset call further. It seems in whatever combination I comment
them out, I can do 6 define-charset/fdopen()s before the segfault.

I also commented out that entire file from the bootstrap process, and got
further, but ended up also getitng a segfault (though I _think_ it may be
as result of missing symbols it expects from mule-conf.el).

So my working theory is that haiku gets upset if you do > 6 fdopens() in
quick succession.

Alex