[haiku-development] Re: warn_unused_result errors o n AMD64 -> ppc compile.

  • From: kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:15:20 -0600

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 20:57:57 -0600, kallisti5 <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 18:46:57 -0700, Nick <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> That patch worked great to get the build tools installed... but
building
>>> Haiku I am now getting core dumps... which is strange.  I've narrowed
it
>>> down to the command that is generating them and can reproduce:
>>
>>> InitScript1 generated/haiku.image-unzip-files
>>> ...skipped haiku.image for lack of <HaikuImage>haiku.image-init-vars...
>>> ...failed updating 144 target(s)...
>>> ...skipped 530 target(s)...
>>> ...updated 7103 target(s)...
>>>

>>> ideas?
>>
>> My post and ppc files over on Haiku General ML.
>>
>> //www.freelists.org/post/haiku/Booting-Haiku-PPC,14
>> I've been able to build Haiku for gcc2, gcc4, m68k & ppc on x86 hardware
>> running 32 bit Ubuntu.  I've only tested gcc2 & gcc4 out.  I *may* have
>> used
>> Ubuntu 8.04 to build.  I now run 8.10 so could be a different story.
>>

>> Regards,

> Ha!  I burned your ppc boot images onto a cd (cdrecord dev=/dev/sr0
speed=8
> -vv -tao haiku-boot-cd-ppc.iso haiku-ppc.image) and tried booting the
> system through standard methods without success on my G4 system. (hold c,
> hold option and select the cd (no cd exists))
>
> I looked at the bootinfo file and saw haiku doing a "boot
> cd:,\ppc\boot_loader_openfirmware"
>
> I cracked openfirmware open and ran that command, low and behold the
haiku
> bootloader came up after about 30 seconds!
>
> Screenshots (via camera) attached.  The Haiku bootloader did not see the
> Haiku filesystem burned on the CD, but at least it's something :)
>
> Maybe I will have better chances dd'ing the haiku image to a usb stick?
>
> --Alex

Well, I dd'ed the Haiku ppc image to a USB stick and retried.  The Haiku
bootloader worked and saw the Haiku filesystem image on the usb stick!

The image does not boot though with the following error (tried to get exact
as possible, no serial port on G4 to debug through):
"
user_menu: leave
load kernel...
mmu_alloc: ???????....
mmu_alloc: ???????....
mmu_alloc: ???????....
boot_arch_elf_relocate_????(): Failed to relocate entry index 1159, rel
type 1,
relocating kernel failed: 000013041
user_meny: enter
"

oh well,  i didn't realize the ppc port was that far ahead though :)

Also, sorry for the spam of those screenshots, I didn't realize they were
that big.

--Alex

believed to be clean.