[haiku-development] Re: various problems with current developer head

  • From: Michael Mounteney <gate03@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 19:02:51 +1000

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 09:22:42 +0100
Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think the user interface guidelines aren't followed here. What looks
> like a status bar is actually a menu. It should probably read "Sign
> in" or "User account" rather than "Logged out". Once you have created
> an account the login information is stored and you shouldn't have
> problems with this.

Sorry;  I have probably given incorrect information here as I was
working from my memory rather than having the machine in front of me.
All I'll definitely state is that I saw a button on the right of the
menu bar that implied that I had to sign in, so I clicked it.

> Creating an account (and seeing the captcha) requires an internet
> access (the account is actually created at http://depot.haiku-os.org ,
> and HaikuDepot is only a frontend to that website).

Yes;  I was able to bring up the dialog and enter the new account
details (proposed username, password twice etc.).  However, at the
bottom was a text box with no label or other explanation.  I ignored it,
pressed the button (OK? Confirm?) and there was another dialog stating
that I had to enter the captcha code.  I did have an internet
connection, or I wouldn't have been able to download the list of
available packages (which I was able to do).

Michael.