[haiku-development] Re: updating openssl and openssh

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:25:51 +0200

On 2010-04-29 at 14:12:43 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am 21.04.2010 um 15:12 schrieb Axel Dörfler:
> > > I read the latest sftp should be able to do command
> > > line history and tab completion - is there any setting one has to
> > > enable for that? At least it still doesn't work in Haiku.
> > cpan complains "Terminal does not support AddHistory." - maybe there's
> > something missing in Haiku?
>
> I would doubt this is anything else but a build time configuration
> issue; at least I can't see why the history (and tab completion) doesn't
> work with sftp when it works everywhere else.

I recall that when I first worked on porting OpenSSH there was an option
(maybe it was even auto-detected) to use a BSD-ish readline-like library.
Probably exactly for the sftp command line editing. A quick look at the
current .bep file for OpenSSH neither lists any readline-like dependencies
nor is configure called with any special options.

CU, Ingo