[haiku-development] updating openssl and openssh

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:31:10 -0700

I'm working on updating openssl to from 0.9.8x to 1.0.0, but since it
a dependency for several other packages I am having to rebuild those
as well.  This includes curl, git, neon, subversion, openssh, python
and probably others.  Netsurf and Beam will also be affected, so those
will need to be rebuilt after this is changed as well.  At the same
time I am also trying to clean up where openssh puts it's files.  I
have moved the ~/home/.ssh directory to ~/home/config/settings/ssh,
and relocated some other files for it as well.  I have attached a
patch to trac ticket 2468 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2468) so
that it can be tested out by others.  Chances are I don't yet have all
of openssh's files going into the directories we'd like them to be in,
so a review prior to me applying this would be nice.  Post your
feedback on the trac ticket and I will be updating the patch as I get
time.
Thanks,

-scottmc