[haiku-development] Re: transaction too large and panic on INODE_DELETED

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 14:39:18 +0200

François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Every once in a while svn cleanup stops saying it can't remove a
> file,
> the syslog says the transaction is too big.

Interesting. This shouldn't really be possible, though, as long as you
don't specifically create files that could trigger it.

> Then on the next run after a while it just panics on an assert in
> bfs/kernel_interface.cpp:367 (inode->Flags() & INODE_DELETED) != 0.

That looks like the flag has not been updated correctly in the error
case.

> I suppose something like the inode got deleted but not the entry
> which points to it...
> Anything I could do ?

Sure, reproducible bugs are the best! :-)
It could be interesting to see the block cache debug output, as well as
the one in BFS's Journal.cpp. It could be possible that you'll need to
add some more debug output that tracks what exactly went wrong
(possibly something before the actual error occurs).
If you don't have the time to look into it, how large is the partition?
If it doesn't contain personal data, you could give me a copy (for
example at the next BeGeistert).

Bye,
   Axel.