[haiku-development] Re: syslog improvement

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 13:54:07 -0800

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> it is good when the /var/log/syslog have a date and time over the
>> entries ?
>
> That's entirely your choice, just add the following line to your kernel
> settings file:
> syslog_time_stamps true

Isn't there still an issue where all the timestamps applied to syslog
during the boot sequence end up being the same (because they're
applied when the syslog is written to disk, as opposed to when the
event occurred)?

I ask because I was looking for "timing" details during the boot
process at one point, and using syslog's timestamps for that turned
out to be fruitless IIRC.

Maybe this got changed and I missed it :)

- Urias