[haiku-development] Re: style guide tools

  • From: Karsten Heimrich <host.haiku@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 19:55:03 +0200

Hi,

Fredrik Modèen schrieb:
Has anybody got a script or program to highlight
or correct style guide errors or maybe tips on a
good editor or editor settings?
Don't know of any tool but perhaps this app would be cool to have?
http://astyle.sourceforge.net/ (I just googled it so I don't know that
much about this app)

astyle is a code formatter, though I'm not sure if it can check code for style violations too. For some of my private stuff I changed a python script, which can be found here:

http://www.cs.caltech.edu/courses/cs11/material/python/misc/python_style_check
http://www.cs.caltech.edu/courses/cs11/material/python/misc/python_style_guide.html

This can probably be extended/ rewritten to handle a more Haiku specific formatting. I used to have a commit hook, not allowing to commit before the script passed. This would solve some basic problems.

There is a some more advanced style checker here:

https://gna.org/svn/?group=cxxchecker

Regards,
Karsten