[haiku-development] Re: stop lurking! Me that is...

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:11:44 +0200 CEST

"Janne Johansson" <icepic.dz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It's a FreeBSD6.2 dual-xeon with 1G ram on a 100MBit-link with no BW
> restrictions, and I've built a complete
> gcc2.95 haiku setup and done vmware-images on it without problems.

Sounds very nice, and thanks for the offer!

I think there are a number of things such a server could do, besides
what was already mentioned by Jérôme. For example, it could be used as
a file server to host our build images.
I think the most useful thing for now would probably be to have a build
factory that identifies the revision that eventually broke the build
and sends a mail to the developer or commit list. Would something like
that be possible for you to set up?

Bye,
   Axel.