[haiku-development] Re: software organization/installation

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:45:30 +0100

Stefano Ceccherini wrote:
2009/2/16 Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I don't see an important use case yet, but i wouldn't mind if this info was
easily available if wanted though, just for informational/educational
purposes, like a diff of what will be done (or has been done) to your
system.

The info is easily available, in fact.

In rpm based distros, you use rpm -qli <package>,
in dpkg/apt based distros, you use dpkg -I <package>.

Well, i was more thinking about a GUI way, like an "advanced" checkbox/tab showing a colored (easy to read) diff or something :D And with "dpkg -i" you need to give the package file has argument (ie: you can't see that post installation)? Dont you? Anyway, just a small feature.

Regards,
Alex