[haiku-development] Re: session manager

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 10:34:11 +0200

2011/6/25 Clemens <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> here is short proposal for a session manager api. Had a session manager
> already working some time ago but there have been some feature requests:
>
> 1) be able to report progress
> 2) additional storage for large data (for example to save unsaved images in
> an image editor)

Would this API also cater to save state on shutdown, and have it
restored on reboot?
If yes, I'd really like to see that kind of functionality. Maybe a new
type of BApplication could provide this along with your suggestion.

A web-browser saving current URLs that are open and its position,
Styledit the files and position and location (and maybe even
modifications) and so on.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH