[haiku-development] Re: runtime_loader: troubles relocating: 0x80001304 (image: matroska)

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 09:59:18 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 12:39:16 +1000
> Von: "David McPaul" <dlmcpaul@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: runtime_loader: troubles relocating:
> 0x80001304 (image: matroska)

> Now I have an updated matroska reader but MediaPlayer seems broken
> under VMWare.  Bad stippi Bad :-)
>
> Lots of complaints about not able to allocate video ring buffer memory
> then it locks up.

Which revision? There was an error that if the video track could not be
"decoded" (BMediaTrack::DecodedFormat()) then it would still try to play video
but with a frame rate of 0, which would cause all sorts of weird problems,
which look like it locked up. I should have fixed this. But I am not sure at
all if there isn't an error somewhere else which causes DecodedFormat() to
fail. Marcus - if a BMediaFile reports a video track, will there always be a
decoder for that? Or might it report a video track even though there is no
decoder to handle the format?

BTW, I think it is great that you work on an updated Matroska reader, that one
is very desirable! :-) If I can help you in any way, please let me know, I
could also try to run your tests with your specific clips to try and track down
problems in the MediaPlayer.

Best regards,
-Stephan