[haiku-development] Re: 'rman'?

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 16:36:00 -0700

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:30:41PM -0700, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 09:33:02PM +0000, scott mc wrote:
> >
> > http://ftp.debian.org/pool/main/r/rman/
> >
> Now *how* did you do that...? (:-/)  I found that page yesterday, but
> I had no idea how to handle the '.deb' files, and the only other items
> there were the 3.2 original and a 3.2.4 diff.  I applied the diff,
> but it crashed just as before.

I did some more investigation, and it appears that *only* the sources
in the haiku source tree have the bug!  I thought I had downloaded a
fresh source at one time, but apparently I was always using the one
I had grabbed from the tree.  The similarly labelled 3.2 sources at
Debian (which -- seeing the date -- I assumed were the same) have
slightly different logic at that point which doesn't get a null pointer.

Whoever put it in the tree to start with maybe should explain (:-))

It looks as if both the 'official' 3.2 and 3.2.4 have added some
possibly useful features, so I guess everything can be rationalized now.
The question still is, though: should it still be in the source tree?

Cheers,
        -- Pete --