[haiku-development] Re: r1a3 anyboot image too big for CD

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 22:33:22 +0200

"Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Please open a ticket that an anyboot image with block size 1024
> doesn't
> work on your hardware. According to your syslog the block size is
> correctly
> determined as 2048, which seems to point to an IOCache or DMAResource
> issue. I tried to emulate the problem in qemu (also introducing dummy
> errors), but failed to cause any unaligned I/O operations to get to
> the
> driver's do_io() callback, which suggests that IOCache/DMAResource
> are
> doing their job just fine. You could also try to disable use of the
> IOCache (use
> IOSchedulerSimple instead) [1] and see, if that changes anything.

At least the IOCache fallback should only happen on actual errors, for
example when the end of the CD has not been detected correctly which
might also point to a problem of your CD burning app.
Since this won't happen with an ISO image, I don't think you can
reproduce this this way -- maybe letting _TranslatePages() always fail
would help.

Bye,
   Axel.