[haiku-development] Re: r1a3 anyboot image too big for CD

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:31:07 +0200

> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 15:21, Michael Lotz <mmlr@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The fact that El-Torito doesn't
> > use the first few blocks is leveraged to also put an MBR inside
> > this
> > part. Both things combined this allows images to be burned to a CD
> > or
> > written to a USB stick or disk directly, essentially removing the
> > need
> > for a seperate CD and raw image for the different device types.
>
> Well, I do like being able to mount raw images within Haiku and using
> it as the source partition within Installer.

Yes, but that's just a missing feature. The anyboot image is a valid
"disk" image containing a partitioning system, so it can be mounted
just as well. I don't remember if disk images containing a partitioning
systems are supported yet though. I guess at least auto detection and
mounting isn't. I think once the image is registred with the disk device
manager it should be mountable already but others would know the current
status on that. So I'd rather have this implemented/finished than having
to provide a seperate image type.

Regards
Michael