[haiku-development] Re: publish_vnode in ext2

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:34:12 +0000

> axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Unfortunately, I don't remember the problem. However, exchanging the
> get_vnode() (which requires the mount ops to be filled out and used
> during mounting, that's why this is a hack) with publish_vnode() should
> give a hint.

Hi,

the comment said something about creating the root node's file cache. I think
I'll just use publish_vnode, and create the cache. But before I do this
blindly, I'll read the file cache code to understand correctly why =).

> > As I understand it, the bfs code now does a publish_vnode(). Maybe
> > see
> > how it was changed in this commit by Ingo:
>
> No, this has nothing to do with it.

I was going to ask for some more specifics inside the patch, so... thanks.
Also, thanks for posting it =)

Janito