[haiku-development] publish_vnode in ext2

  • From: Janito Ferreira Filho <jvffprog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 18:07:05 +0000

Hi,

when I began to study the ext2 code, one of the first things I ran into was a
little todo that says there was a little "hack" that used get_vnode instead of
publish_vnode to create the vnode of the root directory so it can create it's
file cache. How can I "fix" this "hack"? If I understood the problem correctly,
we use get_vnode because it will call the volume's get_vnode hook which will
create an Inode class and then the object will create a file_cache for that
root directory. Is there some sort of a dependency problem here, or is the
trouble somewhere else? Can't we just create the Inode object (outside of the
volume object) and then simply publish it? Or is something missing? Thanks,

Janito