[haiku-development] pc_serial?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:48:41 -0700

Hi All,

I was never aware of the absence of a  serial port driver on Haiku.
In fact I thought I'd actually used it once, but I guess not!  I've just
checked back trough several years of systems and it's not on any of
them.

Yet I see that pc_serial code is in the source tree.  Can it be built
and installed? (And run...)  Or is there some conflict?

The reason for my query is that my current "consultee" has a central
need for serial data.  They can I asume use usb_serial with a bit of
tweaking, but pc_serial would be simpler.

Thanks,

        -- Pete --