[haiku-development] Re: partial mail mime types

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 11:09:00 +0100

On 03.03.2011 11:06, Clemens wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:44:33 +1300, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
wrote:

On 03.03.2011 10:39, Clemens wrote:
On Thu, 03 Mar 2011 22:23:24 +1300, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
wrote:

On 03.03.2011 10:11, Clemens wrote:
Hi,

I have really no clue how the default tracker attributes for partial
mail messages (text/x-partial-email) are set. I mean the attributes
tracker offer for a particular mime type. There are two attributes for
text/x-partial-email in tracker: MAIL:account and MAIL:thread but I
can't find out where they are set. Could somebody explain it to me?

Tried to grep the entrie code for "MAIL:account" or
"text/x-partial-email"? There are some remnants in libtracker.so to
install some mime types on first launch. You probably looked at
mail_daemon, Mail and the MIME data base source, correct? I would
suspect Tracker next. :-)

sure did a grep but the spooky thing is that I haven't found anything
:-(

Maybe you need to work on your grep-fu... :-) It's mail_daemon who
installs it:

mail_deamon.rdef exports icons for it and the type.
MailDeamon.cpp:635ff installs the type. And if the type is already
installed, then it just adds Account and Thread.

must admit that this looks highly suspicious but I don't understand it.
The code checks in case the mime type is installed if account and thread
are installed, if one of them is not installed it adds it to the mime
type. This is done for both x-email and x-partial-email so there should
be no different. If you delete the partial mime type manually and starts
the server this code install all attributes correctly, not only account
and thread!

Furthermore, I'm tried it yesterday with a fresh build vmware image and
the x-partial-email mime type was there just after the first boot! who
installed it?

The update mime types script that is run on first boot. The mail_daemon exports the type in it's resources (the definition in the .rdef adds it to the resources).

Best regards,
-Stephan