[haiku-development] Re: non-packaged make install

  • From: Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 18:00:05 +0200

> Post compile you can examine binaries to see where they will look for parts
> by using:
>
> "readelf -a NameO'Binary"
>
> That way you can hunt down embeeded binary path evildoers and make Santa's
> nice list.
>
> During compile time you can avoid the evilpath by using -I to pick the path
> of library righteousness.
>
> So, when you cast your compile spell, use the -I for the libraries and other
> whatnots:
>
> -I/path/to/righteousness

No this is post/pre install stuff i need help for "how can install
non-packaged stuff"
Libs are not normal apps, it make no sense when i can't found my libs;
 i have libs in include path he can't by default not found.
I don't like mixing stuff on path layer.

It is a bug in haiku  packaged system or missing functionality?

>> What can i do now?
>
> If that doesn't work, you can pray.
>
>> Thanks Ralf

Ralf