(no subject)

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 12:56:26 +0200

Hi all,

<
http://joomla.iscomputeron.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1023&Itemid=2>

These are some great news! Thanks to anyone involved!

How feasible is it to include the SAMBA port in the Haiku tree? Are there
any objections, comments? Gerasim (alias 3dEyes**) has SVN write access, if
the feedback here is positive, I am hoping that this email could initiate
the inclusion of his SAMBA port in Haiku, along with any necessary settings
files and so on, ready for use on the image. I know from personal
experience with administrating BeOS/eXposer machines at my ex-university,
how important SAMBA is. It needs to be rock solid. So I feel including it
with Haiku is only natural, while including it on the image now could help
it's development process (though Gerasim needs to say), tracking bugs in
our bug tracker and so on.

Eventually, some time in the future, I would like some kind of "Shares"
preflet, with which the user could configure stuff like SAMBA, FTP, NFS or
our native NetFS via a central GUI.

Best regards,
-Stephan