[haiku-development] Re: multi-selection semantics

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 01:06:45 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I vote for getting rid of the Ctrl+left-mouse == right-mouse
> emulation and
> make both Command and Option behave the same way with respect to list
> selections (some people don't even have an Option key), i.e. Command
> and
> Option can be used for single item selection, Shift for range
> selections,
> and, if someone implements it, Command-Shift and Option-Shift for
> multi-range selections.

I don't like excluding happy Mac users completely, so how about this:
* BListView and Tracker do as you say
* When you configure a one button mouse, the system uses the option key
+ click to emulate a second mouse button - Mac users always have an
option key :-)

The point is that this will be a system wide feature, and since the
option key is optional, it shouldn't hide any important application
functionality.

Bye,
   Axel.