[haiku-development] Re: multi-selection semantics

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 21:23:56 +0200 CEST

"Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IOW maybe we should get rid of control-click for the right
> mouse button in Tracker, and make it a system wide thing
> (which would potentially break a lot of apps), or get rid of it
> altogether. OTOH the left click delayed context menu popup
> is another Tracker feature that is not consistent with how the
> rest of the system behaves. Any ideas?

I don't think I would mind dropping any of these:
- control + left -> context menu
- left click delayed context menu
- click filename to rename

But I'm not a 100% sure. The desktop has no menu bar, so there you have
to have a secondary mouse button to get to the context menu. But I
suppose most everyone has two buttons these days, even those of us
using pens or track balls.

/Jonas.