[haiku-development] Re: multi-selection semantics

  • From: "Euan Kirkhope" <euan.kirkhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 13:24:40 +0100

On 06/06/07, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

DarkWyrm wrote (2007-06-06, 13:55:16 [+0200]):
[8<]
> Considering that selecting is a more common action than renaming, I
> *still* think it needs to go.

I agree. Because you cannot deselect by clicking an aleady selected item
(unless holding down a modifier), you could enter renaming by clicking a
selected item again. Seeing there is a delay now anyways.

Best regards,
-Stephan

Exactly, I don't want to edit it, rarely do I need to rename a file,
so it doesn't make any sense to me.  I usually always click on the
text it's easier...

Euan