[haiku-development] Re: mkfs utility for haiku

  • From: "Daniel McLean" <daniel.mclean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 22:33:56 +1000

With flash based storage media becoming more popular it's probably worth
considering that flash commonly erases to 1's.

Granted there's probably a storage controller between the actual flash chips
and the IDE/SATA interface, and it may not be an issue, it's probably safer
to not assume 1 or 0 and to leave the bits are they are and do a quick
format....