[haiku-development] Re: mkbfs/mkfs, new filesystems initialization utility

  • From: Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:29:55 +0200

Marco Minutoli wrote:
Hello

I am interested in writing a new mkbfs utility for haiku.

In the past two days I talked with Stefano Ceccherini about this
possibility and he told me that maybe a more general tool for
filesystems initialization should be more appropriate. He also told me
that the big part of the work was alredy done.

An add-on based "format" utility would be cool, with both CLI and GUI frontends.

So I was just wondering if there is something more I need to know
before I start coding (user interface stuff or anyother thing else).

DriveSetup is supposed to be used for partitiong and initializing. Should go in there.

Regards,

Gabriele