[haiku-development] Re: mixer style fixes

  • From: "HOST Team" <HOST.HAIKU@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:17:36 +0200

Hi Stephan,

thank you for reviewing.

> I have now looked over your patch. Most of the changes you did are alright,
> like reformatting headers, long lines and such. But you also seem to have
> removed all commented code you came across. I don't think this is so good,
> because the commented code contained hints as to what problems might still
> be with the non commented code. Could you put all those commented code
> sections back in? Then I think it would be ok to commit your patch.

It is true, that I removed the commented code, but mostly because of the
coding guidelines. To quote them:
"
Do not leave dead, commented or #if 0'ed code behind just because you are not
sure about your contribution. Your change should be top quality to begin with,
improving the code you are replacing. Should there be a reason to back your
change out or used for a reference, this can be done using the source control
tools.
"

Of course I can re-add the code again, but then I'd like to comment also, that
the snippets are there on purpose and supposed to be changed later on. This
should avoid any confusion for people walking over these lines after me again
at some future point.

I won't be available until next week, so it might take some time to send you a
new patch.

Best Regards,
Bek