[haiku-development] Re: missing -lm?

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:33:59 +0200

Hi,

Am 02.05.2008 um 15:46 schrieb François Revol:

Yes, and some makefiles I wrote check for it to detect BONE...
(but some others check for headers/be/bone, will need to change
that)

Most checks for BONE that I've seen failed for Haiku. Some of them
checked for BONE_VERSION in sys/socket.h and thus dropped back to R5

I usually check for IPPROTO_TCP != 6, as it is 1 on net_server, to
disable net_server hacks (which is different of enabling BONE-specific
stuff).

Yeah, some BONE checks could be replaced with R5 checks if there was a reliable and future-proof metric.

sections. Haiku is not BONE, even for BONE there are some unnecessary
code paths around; making them fail seems like the easiest way to get
rid of or to discover them. (Haiku's Find doesn't seem able to do
full-
text searches?)

No it's only a query, it doesn't search the contents, use grep (or
TrackerGrep) for that.

Thanks for the hint, I didn't know grep can work recursively.

Andreas