[haiku-development] Re: missing header

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:22:04 +0200

On 2008-03-30 at 13:10:26 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ralf Schuelke <teammaui@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > i missing the "printf.h" in /HAIKU/develop/headers/posix
> > on installet haiku.
>
> This is not a standard POSIX header, and as such, shouldn't be put
> there. Maybe in the new 3rdparty directory, or is it a legacy header?

It's a glibc header. Aside from the gcc 2.95.3 libio/libstd++ mess I
haven't seen a software package that really uses it. FreeBSD provides a
compatible header and API with extensions, so I guess there is software
that does use it after all. I'm undecided on the matter.

Ralf, where did you encounter it, and is really needed there or only used
instead of stdio.h?

CU, Ingo