[haiku-development] libncurses.so?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:32:07 -0700

Hi,

I've been working at getting a couple of command-line apps useable
under Haiku (moving them over from BeOS) but they need a working
libncurses.  This doesn't seem to exist in the normal Haiku build,
though libncurses.a does.

I;ve got one of the apps working by fudging the makefile to link
with the non-shared library, but things would be much easier if
the .so was available.

Is there any good reason why it isn't?  I'm still not familiar enough
with jam to see exactly what the jamfile is doing, but a glance at
the Makefile that I guess was configured also seems to show just
the linked-library version.

Is getting a shared library as well just a matter of running ./configure
appropriately?

Thanks,
        -- Pete --