[haiku-development] Re: lguest

  • From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:35:16 +0200

* François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> schrieb:

Hi,

> Not that I knows of, and it probably relies a lot of Linux and
> features we don't support (yet)...

I'm not aware of the haiku kernel internals yet, but IIRC the
most important step is to support parvirt_ops. Essentially that's
a vector table to functions which get get called instead of doing
certain privileged operations (eg. changing pagetable registers,
etc) directly.

Next step is adding guest-side virtio infrastructure, including
several frontend drivers (which actually talk to the host OS
via virtio queues). When, someday, 9P support might be available,
it also could run directly via virtio and so give fast access
to host filesystem (no need to use disk image with on fs'es
anymore).

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@xxxxxxxx
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666