[haiku-development] install-dependent be_control_look segfault

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:36:05 -0800 (PST)

I was going to just report this as a bug, when I found out that it
happens on only one of my two alpha4 partitions:  ShowImage takes a
segment violation on mouse cursor over an icon button, when
BIconButton::DrawBorder tries to call be_control_look->DrawButtonFrame.
BIconButton::DrawBorder is the last function on the traceback.

The parameters look OK, and be_control_look is non-null (DrawBorder
doesn't check) and seems to work for be_control_flags->Flags().
If we skip that DrawButtonFrame call, it crashes on the next one,
when BIconButton::DrawBackground calls be_control_look->DrawButtonBackground.
So be_control_look seems to be trouble, but ...

This happens (every time) on the partition I use, but the partition
with more of a clean install is fine.  Both were installed from the
same CD, over existing older Haiku.  Most everything else seems to
be OK, though (on either partition) shutdown always finds input_server
unresponsive, if that's any clue.

So ... I don't know, any ideas about where to look for the cause
of something like this?

        Donn