[haiku-development] Re: howto add support for new resolutions? (intel_extreme)

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:28:17 -0400

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Marcus Jacob <rossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My question is, what needs to be done to enable a screen resolution of 1920x1200?

According to whats recorded in syslog the mode is "available" but not listed with the standard modes. Here the syslog clipping:

You could add some debug output to accelerant/common/
create_display_modes.cpp in the ModeList::AddModes() part that deals with the detailed EDID monitor timings. The only thing that should be able to prevent the mode from being added is the check in line 224 (maybe your timing.sync value differs?); the intel driver does not have any mode filtering beyond that yet.
After looking at that code earlier, I also suspected that the timing.sync value might be the problem; however, if you do not want to mess around putting TRACE statements the EDID code, you could disable using the EDID info by passing a NULL value as the second argument when calling the common accelerant function create_display_modes(). Your mode list will then consist of all the modes that are in the common accelerant mode table.

When working on a video driver, I usually disable the EDID info because I want to test the driver with as many modes as possible, and most monitors will handle more modes than the EDID info indicates. At least this is true with respect to the 1280x1024 LCD Samsung 710N that I use for most of my testing.

Best regards,
Gerald