[haiku-development] Re: how to write so others read

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:07:05 -0400

Andreas Färber wrote:

Am 10.08.2008 um 15:52 schrieb Mathew Schofield:

Excessive ranting and bitching will only cause a split in the
community. I understand that some people dislike certain properties in
an E-Mail, and some prefer not to waste an extra 1.5-2.5 seconds
decrypting top-posting, but a line must be drawn.

Top-posting is the least of the problems here. Sentences not clearly visually separated makes it really hard for me to read, maybe that's because English is not my mother language; for many here it isn't.

English is my native language, and I also found it difficult to read the text because where the sentences start and end is not clearly visible. If someone refuses to adhere to the rules for writing the English language, I wonder whether they would also ignore the rules for writing code if they do write any code for this project.

Best regards,
Gerald