[haiku-development] Re: how to write so others read

  • From: richard jasmin <jasminr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 20:35:00 -0400

Jonas Sundström wrote:
(A hopefully harmless yet effective message
from the self-appointed netiquette police.)

ha ha.netiquette police.

reminds me of the ole stylebook(s) for formatting news.well, maybe not so old.... one little flub up....all it takes to throw a story overboard.

Please use inline replying, interleaving replies
point by point and make sure to quote and snip
properly, removing everything not relevant to the continued discussion, leaving the relevant points
or the essence of what you´re replying to.

i always hated inline replying.now wikipedia just game me the reason.

it effs the message up.it makes it seem like your the boss and you have to get the final word.the whole point is to debate the info presented properly, not use it to condemn somebody's use of the english language or worse.you definety dont want feedback inline from the government or the military, thats for --- sure.they definetly go out of thier way to make you sound like a piece of ----- , no matter what you said.moreso, it is worse than nit picking.
I apologize if this request is seen as rude in any way.

TIA,
Jonas Sundström.

not so much rude as ummm...
unpopular?

most modern mail agents reply and auto-indent, although i wouldnt take it against ANY of you if you are using the command console and not a GUI.i tend to like the console myself, but not for doing any real work.not to say real work isn't done down there, but you ARE limited to what can be done.

mozilla does a nice job of color coding as well with indents.

feel free to ignore me  of course.