[haiku-development] how to make a hybrid build?

  • From: Stéphane Charette <stephanecharette@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:42:46 -0800

I've followed both old mailing list postings and various wiki hints, but I'm
having problems making my first hybrid build.  I suspect I'm either
following outdated instructions, or I've missed/misunderstood an important
step.  Here is what I tried:

svn checkout http://svn.haiku-os.org/haiku/haiku/trunk haiku/trunk
cd ~/haiku/trunk
mkdir generated.gcc2
mkdir generated.gcc4
cd generated.gcc4
../configure --alternative-gcc-output-dir \
    ../generated.gcc2 \
    --cross-tools-prefix \
    /boot/develop/abi/x86/gcc4/tools/current/bin/
cd ../generated.gcc2
../configure --alternative-gcc-output-dir ../generated.gcc4
cd ~/haiku/trunk/generated.gcc2
jam -j3 -q haiku-cd

That last step I expected would get me a haiku-cd.iso file that I can use to
boot and install.  But partway into the build it sometimes hangs, and other
times drops me into kernel debug land with a page|seg fault (sorry, I forgot
to grab the details).

Please note this is the first time I attempt to build a hybrid image.  In
the past, I successfully created a (non-hybrid?) haiku-cd.iso file by
running "./configure && jam -j3 -q haiku-cd" in the ~/haiku/trunk directory.

Any hints as to what I may have done wrong?

Stéphane Charette