[haiku-development] Re: how to install icu-devel?

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:40:13 -0400

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Obviously someone managed to build WebPositive and made the most recent
> package. The build instructions should have been updated! Outdated build
> instructions are pretty frustrating.

I can't say I had any of those issues last time I updated the package,
so I'm a bit puzzled here, at least as far as modifying the link line.
I'd note that as far as the ICU-Devel package goes, the zip file only
handles the headers, the symlinks for the libs are done by the build
rules, so if someone tries to do it manually by just downloading the
zip and setting up a few symlinks themselves, I could see something
subtle going wrong there.

Regards,

Rene